The vision of DAYSTAR is to impact the culture and communities of Ontario’s Native people with the love of Christ, by carrying the whole Gospel in personal and practical ways. Resting in the Holy Spirit’s work, Native peoples will accept Him as Savior and own Him as Lord. In maturing through life example and teaching from the Word of God, they will experience the transforming Gospel in personal balance, peace, and wholeness, able to be effective witnesses.
WHY THE NAME ``DAYSTAR``
2 Peter 1:19 – Peter speaks of the authority of the Word of God and its power to transform lives. The Word of God is ever illuminating the truth of God Himself to the heart and mind and will of a person – Truth that shines as a light in a murky place. As that Truth of Jesus Christ overwhelms the darkness – it becomes “as the day dawns and the Morning Star rises” in their hearts. DayStar brings the transforming light of the Gospel to bear on the darkness of our Native communities until the darkness is overwhelmed and the Light shines in and transforms lives.
This section is coming soon. Please stop back another time.
On Manitoulin Island, overlooking beautiful Manitowaning Bay and Wiikwemkoong, on the opposite shore, stands the DayStar House. The interior of this gracious century old home is completely renovated, while the goal of finishing the exterior and landscaping is in the near future. It houses a host family, volunteers, interns, and guests. This lovely residence is the base of operations and exists mainly for the purposes of training workers, housing resources and the administration office for the expanding work of DayStar.
Hats off to the volunteer work teams who have spent, and are spending, countless hours of concentrated labour creating the functional and attractive rooms in the house. Also, to our generous donors who granted the funding, Chi-miigwetch (a big thank you) for making this project a reality!
6 Nelson Street
Manitowaning, ON P0P 1N0
STATEMENT OF FAITH
We believe in...
1. The Divine inspiration and consequent authority of the Scriptures of the Old and New testaments. By the term “Divine inspiration” we mean the truthfulness and authority of both the Old and New Testaments in their entirety as the only written Word of God, without error in all that it affirms in the original manuscripts, and the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
2. The doctrine of the Trinity, one God revealed as Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Creator of all things and infinitely perfect.
3. The Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His miraculous conception, humanity, miracles, bodily resurrection, ascension and return.
4. The personality of the Holy Spirit whose ministry is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and during this age to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service.
5. The total depravity of man who was created in the image of God, that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death. Furthermore, that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and are incapable of pleasing God. In the case of those who reach moral responsibility, they become culpable sinners, utterly lost, and only through being born again through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, in whom we have redemption through His blood, can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
6. The resurrection of the body, the eternal life of the saved, the eternal punishment of the lost. After death all men continue in conscious existence, the believers being present with the Lord, the lost in everlasting conscious torment.
7. The personality of Satan as a created being and adversary of God.
Note: In view of the non-denominational structure of DAYSTAR and the controversial nature of charismatic practices (including speaking in tongues), all organization personnel will refrain from practicing or promoting these teachings in the context of their ministry.
DayStar affirms the cultural uniqueness of our Native peoples within the church universal. We are the body of Christ living our lives with each of the First Nations people that God has called us to reach with the transforming message of the Gospel. We do not call them out of their communities, but seek, through creative opportunities and relationships, to demonstrate the power of the Gospel to bring life and light through Jesus Christ. We desire to see them won to Christ, mature in the faith, and reach their sphere of influence with the whole Gospel. We would see “whole families” accept Christ as Savior, mature through knowledge and obedience to the Word, and then powerfully demonstrate the Lordship of Christ in their daily lives to their community. We seek to demonstrate Christ daily, disciple believers continually, train the body consistently, and walk with them humbly, as they lead the ever-growing Church. The foundation of our ministry is not programming BUT relationships – not occasional BUT consistent and continual – so that the truth that Paul expressed, “Follow me, as I follow Christ”, would be realized. DayStar seeks to be connected in the fabric of the community, so that everywhere, “Jesus” is evidenced, and His influence is recognized. Our mandate is to fulfill the Great Commission spoken by Jesus, “As we go …. We disciple….” – Matt. 28:19-20.